17. V. Mathai, Detlef Lohse, Chao Sun,
"Bubble and buoyant particle laden turbulence"
Annu. Rev. Condens. Matter Phys. (to appear)
16. V. Mathai*, L. Loeffen*, T. Chan, S. Wildeman,
"Dynamics of heavy and buoyant underwater pendulums"
J. Fluid. Mech. 862, 148 (2019) [link]
15. E. Almeras, V. Mathai, C. Sun, D. Lohse,
"Mixing induced by bubbles rising through incident turbulence"
Int. J. Multiph. Flow (in press)
14. V. Mathai, X. Zhu, C. Sun, D. Lohse,
"Flutter to tumble transition of buoyant spheres triggered by rotational inertia changes"
Nat. Commun. 9, 1792 (2018) [link]
13. V. Mathai, S. G. Huisman, C. Sun, D. Lohse, M. Bourgoin,
"Dispersion of air bubbles in isotropic turbulence"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 054501 (2018) [link]
12. X. Zhu, V. Mathai, R. J. A. M. Stevens, R. Verzicco, D. Lohse,
"Transition to the ultimate regime in two-dimensional Rayleigh-Bénard convection",
Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 144502 (2018) [link]
- Featured as Cover Article
11. D. Bakhuis, R. A. Verschoof, V. Mathai, S. G. Huisman, D. Lohse, C. Sun,
"Finite-sized rigid spheres in turbulent Taylor-Couette flow: effect on the overall drag",
J. Fluid Mech. 850, 246 (2018) [link]
10. B. Gvozdic, E. Almeras, V. Mathai, X. Zhu, D. van Gils, R. Verzicco, S. G. Huisman, C. Sun, D. Lohse
"Experimental investigation of heat transport in homogeneous bubbly flow"
J. Fluid Mech. 845, 226 (2018) [link]
9. H. Jiang, X. Zhu, V. Mathai, R. Verzicco, D. Lohse, C. Sun, "Controlling heat transport and flow structures in thermal turbulence using ratchet surfaces",
Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 044501 (2018) [link]
8. V. Mathai, X. Zhu, C. Sun, D. Lohse,
"Mass and moment of inertia govern the transition in the dynamics and wakes of freely rising and falling cylinders",
Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 054501 (2017) [link]
- Editors' suggestion article.
- See also Phys.Org
7. V. Mathai,
"Bouyant particles and fluid turbulence"
PhD Thesis, University of Twente (2017) [link]
6. E. O. Almeras, V. Mathai, D. Lohse, C. Sun,
"Experimental investigation of the turbulence induced by a bubble swarm rising within incident turbulence",
J. Fluid Mech. 825, 1091 (2017) [link]
5. E.G. Jebbink, V. Mathai, J.T. Boersen, C. Sun, C.H. Slump, P.C. Goverde, M. Versluis, M.M. Reijnen,
"Hemodynamic comparison of stent configurations used for aortoiliac occlusive disease",
J. Vasc. Surg. 66, 251 (2017) [link]
4. V. Mathai, E. Calzavarini, J. Brons, C. Sun, D. Lohse,
"Microbubbles and microparticles are not faithful tracers of turbulent acceleration",
Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 024501 (2016) [link]
- UTNieuws magazine and UToday coverage of the research.
3. V. Mathai, M. W. M. Neut, E. P. van der Poel, C. Sun,
"Translational and rotational dynamics of a large buoyant sphere in turbulence",
Exp. Fluids 57, 51, (2016) [link]
2. V. Mathai, V. N. Prakash, J. Brons, C. Sun, D. Lohse,
"Wake-driven dynamics of finite-sized buoyant spheres in turbulence",
Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 124501 (2015) [link]
1. V. Mathai, R. N. Govardhan, V. H. Arakeri,
"On the impact of a concave nosed axisymmetric body on a free surface",
Appl. Phys. Lett. 106, 064101 (2015) [link]
- Featured as Cover Article